How to brand Roundcube webmail
This article describes how to brand the Roundcube webmail application with a custom logo and name. You may want to do this, for example, if you are a reseller or use webmail for your organization.
To brand Roundcube with your organization's logo and name, follow these steps:
- Install your own copy of Roundcube:
In the directory where you installed Roundcube, use your preferred text editor to open the config/config.inc.php file.
The product_name value appears on the main Roundcube login page, and in the title bar of a user's browser.
Upload your organization's custom image files as follows:
- Upload logo.svg to the skins/skin_name/images directory, where skin_name represents the name of the skin (theme) you want to modify.
- Upload favicon.ico to the skins/skin_name/images directory, where skin_name represents the name of the skin (theme) you want to modify.
(“favorite icon”) file contains an image that typically appears in the address bar of a user's browser and next to the site's bookmark. For more information about favicons, please visit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Favicon
- To determine the default skin (theme) for your installation, use your preferred text editor to open the config/defaults.inc.php file, and then locate the line that begins as follows:
- Because users can change the active skin for their account, you will probably want to upload your logo files to all of the directories underneath the skins directory. Doing this ensures that no matter which skin users choose, they see your custom images.
For more information about Roundcube, please visit https://roundcube.net.